The Arlington Attack Instructional Program is for youth athletes interested in trying the sport of Lacrosse and ultimately preparing them for playing in the Arlington Attack Lacrosse travel teams. All youth boys and girls from kindergarten to 6th grade are welcome to register.
Who is this for?
- Kindergarten thru 6th Grade (Boys & Girls)
- Never played lacrosse
- Parents interested in coaching
- Sticks will be provided
- Practice jersey will be provided
- Soft lacrosse balls will be provided and used at practices and games
- Cleats are optional but recommended
- NO helmet, gloves or pads
- All sessions will be at Melas Park in Arlington Heights
- Instruction by Arlington Attack Coaches
- 8-week program - 7 practices and 6 scrimmages
Goals for Program
- Prepare players for Arlington Attack Teams
- Teach basic lacrosse skills & general gameplay
- Cradling (running with the ball)
- Ground Balls
- 6v6 on a 1/2 lacrosse field
- 1/2 sized lacrosse goal
- Minimal contact games - sticks and soft lacrosse balls only; body and hard stick checking not allowed.